California wildfires are starting to again. This is an update to last year’s resources that I provided.
There are thunderstorms forecasted this week, so fire and smoke status will likely get worse within the next week or two.
- Fire status (Zoom in tight to see latest fire activity. Covers locations of nearly all fires regardless of agency assigned.)
- CalFire (Reports daily approx. 7am & 7pm) US Forest Service
- Smoke and fire (Earth satellite views) (slower to update)
- National air quality (AirNow – shows where air pollution radiates from) (AQICN – More detailed drill down) (PurpleAir – Gives excellent historical data)
- Wind flow (Current and forecasted)
- Weather Forecast (Wunderground. Put in your location and look at the 10 day forecast for wind and rain)
- Evacuated? Need a hotel. Try this link.
This is a photo from the #NorthComplexFire 2020 near Oroville Damn.