Some concerned friends reached out to me and there seemed to be a trend in the questions asked. They were glad they asked and I figured you would have similar questions too.
Why are you publishing educational information and not 100% focused on getting out?
- I lack adequate physical and financial resources to move and to recover medically from accumulated toxins.
- Financial recovery for harm caused to me by my current home is a long legal battle, even with medical and environmental reports demonstrating the problems. I don’t possess the energy required to endure arguing about that and finance my own transition and medical expenses.
- With limited physical and mental capacity, using my voice and the lessons learned are the only tools I have for survival right now.
- Besides, why fight a broken legal system that can cause me MORE harm, when I can possibly find recovery resources by helping other people with what I learned from this?
- In addition to having a life purpose to create a better world for the people I share this planet with, I believe by teaching other others, I will have a more profound learning opportunity on how to get better and live a more vibrant life.
Why are you too impaired to manage this toxic situation yourself?
- In addition to a brain and back injury caused by a drunk driver, I lost my home to a fire when I could not walk, then in the years that followed I had significant toxic exposure from volunteering after firestorms to make a dream come true to create a resiliency model. I didn’t think the firestorm toxins were more than an irritant until my immune system finally had enough…. because I moved into a toxic building in 2021 with VERY significant water damage that was hidden. My immune system can’t handle any more assaults to it without permanent damage, which is happening.
- Of note, I’m an orphan, so there is no family to help. People like you would be like family to me to get through this and hopefully we all can make the world a better place to be.
Why take care of others before you take care of yourself?
- By having love and support of people in this journey and helping others by sharing the wisdom from my experience, it gives me reason to live with purpose.
- I invite you to think about the psychology of profound loss of a loved one or significant loss of personal vitality, permanently. —> It’s a very normal reaction to channel profound grief into something that makes the world a better place for us all.
- Surviving the chain of events since the drunk driver changed my life was so horrifying that merely surviving was not acceptable.
- I wanted us to be more financially and environmentally resilient to disaster because insurance companies will NEVER make you whole from such losses.
- ….In April of 2012 I made a choice that rather than finding respite in what dreams may come, I chose to “take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, END them.” There is a fascinating history that brought me to where we are today.
- I hope I’m successful in creating the dream I have been painting for the past decade with the life I have been given.
Can you work 40 hours a week?
- No, I can’t. It’s a “Catch 22.” Thanks to a drunk driver I have spine and brain damage. When I started doing this volunteer “work” I could barely sit. Without disability and medical insurance I ABSOLUTELY would be dead.
- Legal council has advised against pursing work unless I am confident I can sustain it. Otherwise I will risk losing all resources to sustain myself.
- I have a post disaster resiliency model, which helps others while earning passive rental income. In that scenario I would be willing to risk losing my disability income by trying to work again, even if on a limited basis.
Why aren’t you out of your current home and ANYWHERE else, even the streets, if necessary?
- Because of cognitive impairment, instability will reduce my capacity for problem solving. I fear for my life to chose that path because I know my capacity.
- Additionally, I have some complexities with my financial capacity that makes this transition difficult. I don’t wish to discuss that here, but for simplicity of understanding, essentially I can’t pay for two places at the same time.